Get Free Walgreens Covid Testing/Appointments Here |COVID-19|
Walgreens Covid Testing/Appointments – Winter season is about to start in the United States, and it is going to increase the positive cases of COVID-19 and other viruses. The data points suggest that we usually make a peak of positive cases during the winter season.
This winter season is not going to be any different, As per several health experts in the United States. Americans should be prepared for the upcoming new wave of COVID-19. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have already recommended the use of the COVID protocol.
One of the most important parts of the COVID protocol is COVID testing. Everyone should get their self-tested at regular intervals during the winter season, as per the Centers for Disease control and prevention. The CDC has more than 20,000 COVID testing locations throughout the nation in partnership with several companies.
If you are also looking for testing, then we highly recommend you to go through a Walgreens COVID testing appointment. The whole appointment process won’t take more than 5 minutes of your time, but it can save you hours of standing in a queue.
Walgreens Covid Testing/Appointments Tutorial
We are going to take a look at the whole Walgreens COVID testing appointment in a step-by-step manner. If you also want to create an appointment using their official website, then we highly recommend you to follow our below-given step-by-step guide.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have recently changed its COVID testing guidelines. Now, Americans cannot get themselves tested for free of cost at any CDC-sponsored testing site for traveling purposes.
If you are going to travel internationally, then you will have to pay for your test. The test is going to cost you around $125.
- Simply click on the above-given button to reach the official website or Walgreens pharmacy.
- The button will further redirect you to the COVID testing page, where you will have to select the type of test you are looking for.
- There are multiple tests available for COVID-19, but we highly recommend you go through the RT PCR test. It is one of the most accurate COVID tests available in the world.
- As soon as you click on your desired test, it will take you to the next place, where you will have to enter your 5-digit area zip code, city name, or complete state name to find all the nearby locations.
- We highly recommend everyone go with a five-digit area zip code, as it will provide more refined results.
- After that, you can filter out the results depending on the type of test you are looking for.
- Once you have selected your desired testing site, you can scroll a little bit down and select the type of test you are aoing to take.
- After that, it will ask you to select the date and time of your appointment. Usually, people are able to get their self-tested with a same-day appointment.
- Lastly, the Walgreens COVID testing appointment process will ask you to sign in with your previous Walgreens account, or you can enter the patient information manually.
- We highly recommend you sign in with your previous Walgreens account, as it is more convenient.
- People who are going to enter the details manually will have to enter the complete information regarding the patients starting from the first name to the old phone number.
As soon as you enter this information, Walgreens appointment process will ask you to review your whole appointment once again. During this time, you should make sure that you are not entering any wrong information, as it might lead you to rejection at the time of testing.
Every Walgreens COVID testing site holds the right to reject your appointment if you have entered any wrong information. At the same time, you should also make sure that you reach the COVID testing site around 5 to 10 minutes before the appointment.
Due to high demand, you might have to face appointment cancellation if you fail to report before the given time. At the same time, if you have any health insurance, then do not forget to take it with you along with your photo ID.
Type of COVID Test available at Walgreens
Before we move ahead, let’s first take a look at all the types of COVID tests available at Walgreens pharmacy. Since the first launch of testing, several companies have launched different types of COVID tests in the country, and most of them have received approval from the Food and Drug Administration of the United States.
There are different categories of COVID tests available at Walgreens pharmacy, but we are going to divide them into two different groups. The first group is going to focus on at-home COVID tests, and the other group is going to focus on laboratory-based.
At-home COVID Tests
In recent months, several companies have launched different types of at-home COVID tests, and they are not just limited to rapid antigen tests.
Nowadays, pharmacies like Walgreens allow their customers to take a PCR test at home. Yes, you can take the PCR test at home, but you won’t be able to produce the results at home as you will have to send the sample to a nearby laboratory.
You can simply make an order using the official website of Walgreens and opt for the ship to home or pickup, depending on your choice. The company will provide you with a sample collection kit which you can use at your home, and a representative of the pharmacy will pick up your sample to produce results.
Secondly, rapid antigen tests, which are capable of producing results without the help of any pharmacy, are also available at Walgreens pharmacy. These types of tests are going to have an accuracy of 80 or 84%. To be on the safer side, most healthcare experts in the country suggest everyone take two rapid antigen tests together.
The second type of test is available as pharmacy-based tests. Due to various reasons, we highly recommend everyone go with pharmacy-based tests. First of all, these tests are way more accurate compared to any other test available in the world.
At the same time, the margin of error or wrong test results can go as low as possible. Whenever you visit a pharmacy for COVID testing, a medical professional is going to take your test. In that situation, the margin of error is going to be on the lowest side, and accuracy is going to be on the highest.
You can get yourself tested with the RT PCR test at the pharmacy, which is the most accurate test for COVID-19. At the same time, you can also opt for NAAT and Rapid antigen tests.
A lot of people can get a laboratory-based test free of cost with the help of their health insurance provider and other medical conditions. For more information, we highly recommend everyone to visit the nearby laboratory and ask for the same.
Walgreens Store Locator Tool
Before we completely wrap this session up, let’s take a quick look at the Walgreens store locator tool. The store locator tool is the best tool for anyone who has never visited any nearby Walgreens pharmacy.
Even though they have a presence in all 50 states, it doesn’t mean that they will have a presence in your neighborhood. If you are going to visit vulgarity in the store for the very first time, then we highly recommend you to go through the below-given tool to find the nearby locations.
- Click on the above-given button to directly reach the Walgreens store locator tool.
- The store locator tool is launched by the official website of the pharmacy, so you don’t have to worry about your online privacy.
- As soon as you land on the tool page, it will ask you to enter your 5-digit area zip code, city name, or complete stadium to find the nearby locations.
- We highly recommend everyone use the five-digit area zip code as it will provide more refined results as compared to state names or city names.
- Once you have entered your area zip code, it will provide you with a list of all the nearby Walgreens pharmacies.
- You can select one depending on the type of services you require.
The best part about this store locator tool is that it allows you to find all the details regarding the pharmacy, including store timing, pharmacy timing, type of services, complete address, directions, and phone number.
What is the price of Walgreens Covid Testing/Appointments?
Walgreens Covid Testing/Appointments is available free of cost. Americans don’t have to pay anything in order to get themselves tested at any Walgreens COVID testing facility unless they are going to use it for travel purposes. Several government programs and health insurance providers cover COVID testing.