How To Get Rid Of Fleas from Your Pets, Home & Backyard?
How To Get Rid Of Fleas – Fleas are a very common insect that lives on the soft, warm fur of pets. It is the perfect environment for fleas and ticks where they can live as long as they can.
Pet owners around the world are very well aware of the problem of fleas. These insects are known to feed on the blood of these pets. The sudden drop in the red blood cells of these pets can cause several health problems, including allergic reactions to severe sickness.
Pet health experts around the world suggest all pet owners make sure that they check their pets regularly for these fleas. If your pet has already been infected with these fleas and you want to know how to get rid of fleas, then you are at the right place, as we are going to discuss everything regarding that.
All about Fleas
Before we start discussing anything about fleas, let’s take a look at the basics of Fleas. Fleas are among the most annoying pets available in the world as they are jumpy and small, and they can also multiply quickly.
These pests are known to live on the skin of animals, including pet animals. Pets can pick up fleas from being outside in nature or from any other animal that is already struggling with them.
Fleas love warm environments, as per the Centers for Disease control and prevention. They cannot live in the winter season. A female flea can produce up to 2000 eggs in her lifetime, which is more than enough to damage pets.
One of the biggest problems with these lies is that they can become dormant during the winter season till they find better conditions to develop. These fleas are also known to start hatching and sucking blood within 10 seconds of landing on a host.
How to Get Rid of Fleas from your Pet?
The first thing to impact is our pets. We do everything in our hand to keep our pets safe from these blood-sucking fleas, but sometimes they catch our pets despite all these efforts.
If your pet has started behaving a little bit odd, then we highly recommend you to check your pet for fleas as it is more likely that they have Them. Anyone can easily spot them hopping around on your pet’s fur.
To get rid of fleas from your pet, you will have to do a little bit of hard work. A lot of people do not clean their pets regularly which can become one of the biggest reasons for catching fleas. Bye
- First of all, you should make sure that you are killing all fleas with a topical prescription. We highly recommend you consult with the healthcare expert of your pet. Topical doses can be a little bit different depending on the pet’s type, age, and weight.
- At the same time, you can also give your pet an oral prescription which is going to help them recover from those bites. We highly recommend everyone get these pills before cleaning their pets.
- If you are in a hurry, then you can also use flea spray, as they are much more capable of killing all the fleas they come in contact with. The only problem with these sprays is that they might not be pet friendly as they can also harm your pet.
- Kindly make sure you are cleaning your pet regularly with flea shampoo even after doing all the treatments. Usually, it takes around seven days for your pet to get rid of these blood-sucking fleas.
- Lastly, you can also use a flea comb to directly get rid of adult fleas. You should combine flea shampoo along with the flea comb to get rid of all the adult fleas to pause the regeneration process.
There are a few things you should keep in mind while cleaning your pet for fleas. First of all, you should make sure that you are using more than two methods to clean your pet regularly to get rid of these fleas.
If you are only using flea comb or flea shampoo to get rid of fleas, then you might not be able to see any success as they multiply at rapid speed. These fleas are also known to cause severe symptoms in pets, and you should do anything in your hand to get rid of them as early as possible.
Lastly, if you are using any flea spray to directly kill these fleas, then you should make sure that you are using them safely, as they are also known to harm pets.
Get Rid of Fleas from your Home
Once you have cleaned your pets, now it is time to get rid of these flies from everywhere around you. The first thing you can do right now is clean your home as much as possible to get rid of fleas.
Even if you have cleaned your pet, if you have fleas in your home, then they will catch your pet once again, and your whole hard work will go in vain.
- First of all, you should use a powerful vacuum on floors, matrices, and other things to suck everything out. Powerful vacuums are also much more capable of sucking the eggs of unhatched fleas. Another thing you should make sure of is if you are using the vacuum in cracks and other types of places.
- Secondly, you can wash all the bedding of your pet. We highly suggest everyone use hot water and detergent to wash the bedding. Once you have washed it, make sure you are using enough heat to dry it. To be on the safer side, you can also get rid of old bedding and start a new one.
- Another thing you can do is clean all the carpets and upholstery. Yes, fleas can also enter your carpet and upholstery. We highly recommend everyone use a combination of high heat and soap to get rid of these fleas.
To be on the safer side, we highly recommend everyone get rid of fleas from their pet and home at the same time. A lot of people clean their pets first, and then they start looking for fleas in their homes, which is a wrong move.
You can clean your pet as much as you want, but your pet can once again get infected with these insects after sitting on its bedding or lying around in the home. If you have a pet at home and you are experiencing any signs associated with fleas, then you should make sure you are claiming your home.
There are several services available in the market that also offer house cleaning from fleas. If you do not have any time to clean your home, then we highly recommend you offer these services.
How to get rid of fleas from your backyard?
After home, the backyard is the most used place by a pet. If your house has fleas or your pet has already been infected with them, then we highly recommend you clean your backyard also.
Even if you have cleaned your pet along with your house, your pet can once again get infected with fleas if they are in your backyard.
You can easily spot fleas in places that are under a shed, humid, and warm.
- The first thing you can do to get rid of fleas from your backyard is to mow your lawn regularly. Insects like the flu-like to hide under tall grass, and mowing it regularly won’t give them enough space to hide.
- The second thing you can do to get rid of please from your backyard is to remove all the debris. Keeping your backyard clean from dead leaves and twigs can also help you get rid of any fleas under them.
- If possible, you can also avoid over-watering your whole lawn as it gives the ideal conditions for fleas to multiply themselves.
- The fourth thing you can do to get rid of fleas is spread cedar chips. Yes, please, don’t like the smell, especially sulfur, and they are going to run away from the smell.
- Lastly, you can also remove all wildlife in your backyard. Yes, other animals, including mice and squirrels, can also carry fleas, and they can infect your pets.
How fast can I get rid of fleas?
The timing to get rid of fleas depends on the environment and your efforts. If the environment around you is getting cold and you have been using quality medication for your pet, then you can get rid of these fleas within a day or two. Kindly make sure you are using the treatment for at least seven days constantly to get rid of everything associated with them.