Shoppers Drug Mart Booster Shot – After the huge protest against the use of the COVID vaccine in Canada, Canadians might be coming to the middle ground with the latest and updated COVID booster shots.
The Government of Canada has recently authorized the first bivalent COVID booster shot in the country, and we are seeing a huge trend in favor of this booster shot. As you might already be aware, Canadians led one of the biggest protests against the use of COVID vaccine in the world when Justin Trudeau was trying to make COVID vaccine mandatory.
A lot of Canadians did not like the behavior of Justin Trudeau when he supported women’s rights in America and tried to enforce mandatory COVID vaccines in his own country. We even saw huge protests in several cities in Canada against Prime Minister Trudeau. Now, the time has changed, and Canadians want to get themselves vaccinated with updated booster shots.
Previous COVID vaccines were not effective against currently dominating variants of COVID-19. That is why people did not want to get themselves vaccinated but why violent booster shots are known to provide better immunity and save you from infection.
Shoppers Drug Mart Booster Shot Appointment Tutorial
If you are one of those Canadians who want to get their self vaccinated with Bieber and booster shots and save yourself from the infection, then you are at the right place as we are going to take a look at the Shoppers Drug Mart booster shot appointment tutorial.
Shoppers Drug Mart is among the biggest pharmaceutical chains in Canada, and it is also among the most popular choices for getting vaccinated in the country. Pharmaceutical giants suggest everyone create an online appointment using their official website before visiting any vaccination site.
You might be able to find some walk-in vaccination sites, but we highly suggest everyone create an appointment using our step-by-step tutorial.
- To create your Shoppers Drug Mart booster shot appointment, kindly click on the above-given button, which will directly take you to their official website.
- The button is further going to redirect you to the appointment page.
- As soon as you land on the appointment page, it will present you with a list of available vaccines.
- If you are fully vaccinated, then we highly suggest you go for bivalent booster shots rather than regular or monovalent booster shots.
- As soon as you select your desired COVID vaccine or booster shot, it will ask you to select the Shoppers Drug Mart pharmacy nearby your neighborhood.
- Most of the time, it is going to pick up your GPS location, but you can always search your neighborhood in the search section.
- Once you have found your desired location, it will ask you to select the date and time of your appointment.
- Due to the high demand for bivalent booster shots in Canada, you might not be able to find same-day appointments at Shoppers Drug Mart.
- Once you have selected your preferred vaccination site along with the date and time, it will ask you to share the details of your last COVID vaccine.
- After that, it will ask you to enter the complete information of the patient receiving the vaccine.
- Lastly, it will ask you to review your application and create an appointment.
As you can see in the above-given steps, Shoppers Drug Mart booster short appointment process is very easy to use. It is not going to take more than 5 minutes of your time, and it will also tell you about the availability of your desired vaccine at your preferred vaccination site.
We highly suggest everyone reach the vaccination site at least 10 minutes before their vaccination time. Shoppers Drug Mart vaccination site holds the right to reject your application in case you fail to reach the vaccination site at the given time.
Shoppers Drug Mart Store Locator
Before you start your Shoppers Drug Mart booster shot appointment process, We highly suggest everyone go through the Shoppers Drug Mart store locator tool. This is the probability that you might not find any show for a Drug Mart store nearby your neighborhood, and you might waste your time on the appointment process.
To save you time, Shoppers Drug Mart came with its store locator tool so that you can easily locate the nearby Shoppers Drug Mart pharmacies.
- To use the Shoppers Drug Mart store locator, kindly click on the above-given buttons to take you directly to the Shoppers Drug Mart store Finder tool.
- The tool is launched by the official website of Shoppers Drug Mart, so you don’t have to worry about your digital privacy.
- As soon as you land on the store locator tool, Shoppers Drug Mart will ask you to enter your address, postal code, or store number to find the location.
- We highly suggest everyone enter their postal code as it is more convenient and it will provide refined results only.
- The best part about this tool is that it will allow you to filter out the results depending on the services you are looking for.
- For example, people who are looking for flu shots can easily select the flu vaccination in the filter, and it will display the results where they have flu shots available.
- At the same time, you can also find the store number, complete address, store timing, flyer, etc.
Another good thing about this tool is that it will allow you to create an appointment directly from the Results.
Eligibility to Receive COVID Vaccine in Canada
Before we wrap up this session, let’s take a quick look at the eligibility criteria to receive COVID vaccine and its boost resource in the country.
Similar to any other country in the world, there is a specific eligibility criterion to receive COVID vaccine and its booster shots in Canada. Eligibility criteria to receive the COVID vaccine and Shoppers Drug Mart is preset by the Canadian government.
Those who are not eligible to receive COVID vaccine in Canada should not create any appointment at Shoppers Drug Mart or any other COVID vaccination site. All vaccination sites in the country hold the right to reject the appointment if a person is not eligible according to the eligibility criteria.
Age group six months to under five years
- Everyone above the age of six months to under five years is eligible to receive the primary series of COVID vaccine in Canada.
- There are two different COVID vaccine manufacturers available for this group, and you should get your kid the vaccine manufacturer you prefer.
- The Canadian government recommends everyone get the same vaccine for different doses for the primary series.
- For example, those who have received the first shot of Pfizer should get the second shot made by Pfizer only.
- A booster shot is not recommended for this age group.
- For more details and options, you should consult with your healthcare provider.
Age group five years and older
- Everyone above the age of 5 years is eligible to receive two short primary series of coven vaccines made by any manufacturer in the country.
- After receiving the primary series of COVID vaccines, everyone is eligible to receive at least one booster shot.
- You must maintain at least a three months gap between your final sort of primary series and the first booster shot.
- Age 18 is also recommended to go for bivalent booster shots.
Side Effects of Shoppers Drug Mart Booster Shot
Similar to any other vaccine in the world, there are some side effects of receiving COVID vaccine. There are no special side effects of receiving booster shots at Shoppers Drug Mart or any other vaccine national site in the country.
The Canadian government has already acknowledged the general and severe side effects of the COVID vaccine and its booster shots. Most vaccinated people are going to experience one or more general side effects of COVID vaccine. At the same time, the probability of receiving severe side effects is very low.
- Body pain
- Pain on the side of the injection
- Swelling on the site of injection
- Redness on the site of injection
These are among the team’s most common and general side effects of receiving the COVID vaccine, including its booster shots. Most people are going to experience them and get better without any medication or medical assistance.
If you are experiencing these side effects and the severity is increasing each day, then you should consult with your healthcare provider right away.
At the same time, there is also a probability of an allergic reaction in case you are allergic to any ingredient used in the vaccine.
What is the price of a Shoppers Drug Mart Booster Shot?
COVID vaccine and its booster shots are completely free in Canada. Canadians can get themselves vaccinated with Shoppers Drug Mart booster shots without paying even a dime.