Shoppers Drug Mart Flu Shot – Canadian flu season has started, and we are going to see a sharp rise in flu cases in the upcoming weeks. Flu season in Canada lasts around five months. It usually starts in the middle of October and goes to last till mid of March.
Flu is not a deadly disease, and most people can self-diagnose themselves. The disease is known to cause symptoms including fever, chills, muscle aches, cough, congestion, runny nose, headaches, and fatigue. The Canadian health department suggests everyone take their flu shots before the start of flu season each year.
Thousands of Canadians lose their lives each year due to flu, and it is still among the top ten causes of death in the country. Flu shots do not cost a fortune, as anyone can get vaccinated with Shoppers Drug Mart flu shots at affordable prices. If you are among those Canadians who want to get themselves vaccinated with flu shots, then you are at the right place, as today we will discuss everything regarding the same.
Shoppers Drug Mart Flu Shot Appointment Tutorial.
We will start our learning with a Shoppers Drug Mart flu shot appointment tutorial. The whole appointment procedure won’t take more than five or 10 minutes of your time, but it can save your whole day.
You might be able to find some vaccination sites that might be offering walk-ins. Shoppers Drug Mart suggests everyone create online appointments using their official website. Prepaid appointments will ensure your vaccination at a specific time. You might also not have to stand in the queue.
- In order to create your Shoppers Drug Mart flu shot appointment, kindly click on the above-given button, which will directly take you to their official website.
- As soon as you click on the upper given button, it will take you to the appointment page, where you have to first select the location of vaccination.
- The availability of flu shots in different provinces of Canada can be different. For example, provinces such as northwest territories, Yukon start their flu shot vaccination earlier than Ontario or Alberta.
- Once you have selected your desired location and flu shots are available at that location, it will ask you to select the date and time of your appointment.
- After that, it will ask you to provide complete information regarding the patients. You will have to enter the complete name of the patient, date of birth, contact details, insurance status, gender, race, and nationality.
- If you are not eligible to receive free flu shot vaccines in Canada, Shoppers Drug Mart will ask you to pay for your flu shot with your card, health insurance card, or cash at the time of vaccination.
As you can clearly see in the above-given steps, the Shoppers Drug Mart flu shot appointment process is very easy, and anyone can create the appointment in just five minutes.
We highly request everyone reach the vaccination site at least 10 minutes before the appointment. People who fail to reach on the given time might have to wait for some minutes in order to get their self vaccinated when they reach. If you fail to report, There is also a probability that Shoppers Drug Mart will cancel your appointment.
What if a flu shot is not available at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Canadians who are trying to get themselves vaccinated with flu shots at the start of October or end of September might have to wait some more time as Shoppers Drug Mart flu shots are not available right now.
Yes, the pharmaceutical giant is preparing to vaccinate every eligible Canadian throughout the nation with all of their vaccination sites, but flu shots are not available till the 7th of October.
Don’t worry. The flu shot might have started on paper, but we are not seeing any sharp rise in positive cases of flu in the country. There is still a lot of time for you to get yourself vaccinated with flu shots.
Till then, you can ask Shoppers Drug Mart to notify you whenever your desired flu shot is available at your preferred location.
- Simply click on the above-given button, and it will take you to the same appointment page and add the official website of Shoppers Drug Mart.
- Once you have reached the appointment page, kindly enter your city name and postal code to find all the Shoppers Drug Mart locations nearby your neighborhood that might be equipped with Flu shots in upcoming days.
- Once you have located your desired location, kindly click on the notify me button and select the type of flu shot you are looking for.
- Canadian governments address everyone above the age of 65 to get high doses, while people below the age of 65 are suggested to take regular doses.
- After that, it will ask you to enter your e-mail address or mobile number 4 text message. We highly suggest everyone go for text messages as you might not check your email address.
- Finally, it will present you with an authorization popup where you can check your entry details.
For those who are not able to create appointments at Shoppers Drug Mart for flu shots, we highly suggest they go for the notify me option.
Even though the notify me option is not going to save your dose at the vaccination site, it will notify you whenever the vaccine is available. Once you have been notified by the system, you can either create an online appointment, or you can also take a look if they are accepting walk-ins at your preferred location.
Side Effects of Flu Vaccine
Similar to the COVID vaccine, there is a long list of side effects of the flu shot. Health experts around the world, including in Canada, consider flu shots as one of the safest vaccines.
Hundreds of millions of Canadians and people around the world have been vaccinated with flu shots, and there has been extensive research on a similar topic. Even if we compare it with any other vaccine in the world, flu shots are going to be the safest and the most effective.
The Canadian health department acknowledges some general side effects of flu shots. If you are going to get yourself vaccinated with flu shots, there is a high probability that you can experience the below list of general symptoms.
- Muscle pain
- Joint pain
- Soreness on the site of the shot
- Redness on the site of the shot
- Swelling on the site of the shot
Most people do not even require any over-the-counter medication in order to get better from these general side effects of the flu shot. Shoppers Drug Mart also suggests everyone not consume any over-the-counter medication even if they are experiencing one or more general side effects of the flu shot.
Usually, people start feeling better within two days of receiving the flu shot. These symptoms will go away on their own without any medical assistance. On the other hand, people who are experiencing severe symptoms or whose general symptoms are getting worse each day should consult with their healthcare provider.
If you are experiencing any other symptoms and it is getting serious, then let your healthcare provider know about it as early as possible. There is a tiny probability of severe side effects.
There is a small probability of an allergic reaction after taking a flu shot. It is also among the most common severe side effects of the flu shot. If you are allergic to any ingredient using a vexing, let your healthcare provider know before you receive the flu shot.
People who are allergic to any ingredient used in vaccines or in general should let their health experts know about it. You might not be advised to get yourself vaccinated with a flu shot. The flu shot is not a 100% allergy-free vaccine.
In case you are experiencing symptoms such as swelling on the face, swelling on the tongue, rash on the face, and difficulty breathing, then you should call your healthcare provider as early as possible. These are all the classic signs of an allergic reaction.
Kindly do not underestimate allergic reaction, as it is known to cause life-threatening conditions. People who experience allergic reactions are usually required to take medical assistance.
Do I need a flu shot certificate in Canada?
No, you do not need a flu shot certificate in Canada. Whether you are entering Canada as a tourist or you are a citizen, you won’t require a flu vaccination certificate for any service throughout the nation. In some places, the government might ask you to present your COVID vaccine certificate, but they won’t ask you for a flu vaccination certificate.