Walmart Covid Booster Vaccine/Appointment – Walmart is the biggest retail giant in the world. In the United States, Walmart has a presence in all 50 states of the United States, with more than 4900 locations throughout the nation.
During the difficult times of COVID-19, Walmart decided to partner with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to provide free COVID vaccination in the country. Walmart’s COVID booster vaccine is completely free, and Americans don’t have to pay anything.
Most Americans have been opting for CVS, Walgreens Rite Aid, or any other pharmacy for their latest booster shots. Due to high demand, these pharmaceutical giants suggest everyone create appointments at least 24 to 48 hours before the vaccination time.
If you are among those people who cannot wait for more than 24 or 48 hours to get yourself vaccinated with the latest booster shots, then Walmart can be the perfect choice for you, as most people are going to CVS or Rite Aid pharmacies.
Walmart Covid Booster Vaccine/Appointment Process
Similar to any other pharmaceutical giant in the United States, Walmart also suggests everyone create an online appointment using their official website.
Walmart’s COVID booster vaccine appointment process is very easy and it can help you save a ton of your time. If you are trying to create an online appointment using their official website, we highly suggest you go through the below-given step-by-step process.
Before we start the Walmart COVID booster vaccine appointment process, let me remind you there is a specific eligibility criterion to receive the latest booster shots in the country. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention of the United States have released eligibility criteria.
Kindly read the below-given eligibility process before you start your appointment.
- To start your Walmart COVID booster vaccine appointment process, you will have to click on the above-given button, which will directly take you to the official website of the company.
- Once you have reached the official website of Walmart, kindly log in with your Walmart account, as it won’t allow you to book immunization without a Walmart account.
Don’t worry, and you won’t have to provide any credit card or debit card details to create an account at Walmart. You can simply sign up as you do on any other social media platform without any payment method. Just make sure that you are not entering any wrong information in your account.
- Once you have logged in with your Walmart account, kindly click on the button once again to reach the immunization page directly.
- As soon as you reach the appointment page, it will ask you to enter the date of birth of the person going to receive the vaccine
- After that, it will ask you to enter your zip code, city name, or complete state name to find all the nearby Walmart locations.
- On the next page, it will ask you to select your preferred Walmart location and select the type of vaccine you are looking for.
- After that, it will ask you to select the date and time of the vaccination appointment.
- Walmart usually has a same-day appointment facility available, but to be on the safer side, you can create your appointment at least 24 hours before the vaccination time.
- Lastly, it will ask you to enter the complete information regarding the patient, starting from gender to all the way to contact.
- If you already have an account with the right information, then you don’t have to do anything other than select continue and proceed.
As soon as you click on continue, it will ask you to review the information before the final confirmation. Make sure you are entering the right information, as there is a preset eligibility criterion for each COVID vaccine in the United States.
People who do not fall within the eligibility criteria can face rejection at the time of vaccination. Apart from that, try to reach the vaccination site at least 10 to 15 minutes before your appointment time. Any delay in your reporting might lead you to cancellation of your appointment.
Another thing you should remember at this point is that old vaccine booster is not available for some time in the country. The Centers for Disease control and prevention is pushing new COVID booster shots as they can provide better protection against currently dominating variants.
If you want to get yourself vaccinated with old booster shots, then you should consult with your health care provider. Major pharmacies, including Walmart, are not accepting appointments for old booster shots.
Walmart COVID Booster Vaccine Eligibility
Walmart does not impose any additional eligibility criteria for its COVID booster vaccine. Similar to every other pharmacy in the country, Walmart follows the guidelines and instructions provided by the Centers for Disease Control and prevention of the United States when it comes to eligibility criteria for the COVID vaccine.
There are two different COVID booster vaccines approved by the Food and Drug Administration of the United States last month. Both vaccines are made with a little bit different logic. Soldier eligibility criteria to receive is also going to be a little bit different.
If you are eligible to receive both vaccines, then you can consult which one is best for you with your healthcare provider. The CDC and USA FDA consider both vaccines to be equally effective against currently dominating variants of COVID-19.
- Everyone above the age of 12 is eligible to receive a bivalent COVID booster vaccine in the United States.
- People above the age of 12 are eligible to receive the Pfizer vaccine. At the same time, people above the age of 18 are also eligible to receive Moderna by violent COVID booster.
- You must maintain at least two months gap between your last dose of the COVID vaccine and the latest COVID booster vaccine.
Another thing you should know at this point is that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has changed it is up to date with COVID vaccine guidelines. As per the latest guidelines, the CDC is going to consider dealing with the COVID vaccine for a person who has already received a primary series of COVID vaccines along with the latest and updated booster shot.
People who were previously considered up to date with the COVID vaccine after receiving oral shorts will have to get one more booster shot for the same.
COVID Booster Vaccine Side Effects
Every modern medicine in the world contains some side effects, and so does the COVID booster vaccine. These vaccines are also not 100% safe to take as they can cause both general and severe side effects. Most people in the world who are going to take the COVID booster vaccine are going to experience the general symptoms.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in the United States, along with the Food and Drug Administration, also acknowledge these general and severe side effects of any COVID booster vaccine in the country. If you are going to take a new booster shot, there is a high probability that you can experience the below-given list of general effects.
- Body pain
- Pain on the site of injection
- Redness on the site of injection
- Swelling on the side of the injection
These are among the most common and general side effects of any COVID booster shot. Usually, people do not require any medical assistance to get better from these side effects.
All COVID vaccines are also known to cause allergic reactions, so if you are allergic to any ingredient used in the medicine, then you should consult with your health care provider. Even if you are allergic to any general things, such as peanuts, you should not get yourself vaccinated without consulting with your health care provider.
Allergic reactions are known to cause life-threatening conditions, and if you are experiencing any of the symptoms associated with the allergic reaction, then you should call your healthcare provider right away or call 911.
Can I get a same-day appointment at Walmart for Covid Booster Vaccine?
Most people in the United States are getting themselves vaccinated at major pharmacies such as CVS, Walgreens, and Rite Aid pharmacies. That is why there is a high probability that you can find a same-day appointment at Walmart for the COVID booster vaccine. Your location might offer you same-day appointments, but we suggest everyone create the appointment at least 24 to 48 hours before the vaccination.