Moderna Booster Side Effects – New COVID booster shots have been approved by the Food and Drug Administration of the United States in the country. The new vaccine is known to provide greater protection against omicron and subway variants of COVID-19.
Americans have once again started getting vaccinated with new booster shots. A huge number of people who are actively watching the news understand that vaccines can also be a very dangerous thing. A few months back, the Food and Drug Administration of the United States limited the use of the Johnson and Johnson single-shot COVID vaccine in the country.
The FDA believes Johnson and Johnson COVID vaccine can cause a rare blood clotting disease that can even result in death. The United States recorded more than 100 positive cases of that rare disease in just a short period, and all of those people received the Johnson and Johnson vaccine.
Now, the new COVID boosters have been announced by the FDA, and it becomes very important for you to learn all the side effects associated with them. That is why today we are here to discuss Moderna booster side effects. Learning about these side effects can help you ensure your safety against every possible outcome.
Table of Contents
General Side Effects of Moderna Booster
The whole incident of the Johnson and Johnson COVID vaccine in the United States has caused new doubt in the minds of Americans regarding the COVID vaccine and its booster shots.
Yes, there are some general and severe side effects associated with every COVID vaccine in the country, but these vaccines are not alone. You can take a look at every vaccine in the country and all around the world, and you will find a huge list of general and severe side effects associated with that.
Every medicine in the world has some side effects associated with it, even for general fever. We understand that people are skeptical because these vaccines are not as tested as they should be, but the overall data is in favor of these vaccines.
Apart from Johnson and Johnson, most vaccines in the United States have not recorded many cases of rare diseases. One of those is Moderna. The CDC believes people who are going to receive Moderna booster shots can experience the below-given list of general side effects.
- Pain at the injection site
- Redness and swelling at the injection site
- Muscle pain
- Joint pain
- Swelling in the lymph nodes in the same arm of injection
- Nausea and vomiting
Generally, people do not require any special medical assistance to get better from these general side effects of Moderna booster shots. You will start experiencing the above-given list of general Moderna booster side effects after four or five hours of receiving the vaccine.
General Moderna booster side effects go away on their own without any medication within two to three days. In case you are not able to bear the side effects, then you should consult with your healthcare provider and get some medicine.
Kindly do not take any medicine on your own without consulting with your healthcare provider.
Severe Side Effects of Moderna booster
Along with a long list of general side effects of Moderna booster, the Centers for Disease Control and prevention of the United States also acknowledge that you can experience some severe Moderna booster side effects.
Yes, you must be very careful while receiving any medication or vaccine in the world. Even though the odds of not getting severe side effects are in your favor, things can go out of hand anytime, and you must be very careful.
- The CDC believes you can experience a rare swelling of the heart muscle, which is also known as myocarditis, after receiving a Moderna booster shot. Usually, the symptoms of swelling of the heart muscle occur after three or four days of receiving the vaccine, but you should be very careful till the 30th day.
- If you are noticing symptoms like chest pain, shortness of breath, and a pounding heartbeat after getting the booster shot calmer, then you should consult the probability of myocarditis with your healthcare provider.
- There is also a probability that you can experience an allergic reaction after getting a Moderna booster. People who are allergic to any ingredient used in the booster shot or, in general, should not get themselves vaccinated without consulting with their healthcare provider.
- At the same time, people who have experienced allergic reactions after getting the primary series of COVID vaccines should not get themselves vaccinated with Moderna booster. Allergic reactions are usually known to cause life-threatening conditions.
- Lastly, There is a probability that you can develop systemic capillary leak syndrome after getting the COVID vaccine, especially modern boosters. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention of the United States acknowledges the probability of capillary leak syndrome, but the chances of anyone developing the disease are very low.
- The syndrome is associated with the leakage of plasma from blood vessels into neighboring body cavities. If you have recently been vaccinated with Moderna boosters, then you should be very careful.
- In case you are developing symptoms such as nausea, abdominal pain, muscle aches, or increased thirst after some time of getting the vaccination, consult with your healthcare provider.
Severe Moderna booster side effects are very serious, and under any circumstances, you should not ignore them. These side effects are also known to cause life-threatening conditions, and you are advised to consult with your healthcare provider even before getting the vaccination.
Is hair loss a Moderna booster side effect?
No, hair loss is not a Moderna booster side effect but an infection of COVID-19. In the last few months, there have been some studies published by researchers on a similar subject, and they found that COVID-19 can cause hair loss for a short period. Some of those studies have also claimed that you can experience hair loss as a long-term impact of the infection.