How Long Does it Take For Cymbalta To Work?
Healthcare experts recommend a combination of modern medicine and different therapies to treat different medical conditions, including depression. The United States recorded more than 3.5 million cases of depression in the year 2022 alone.
The fast-moving life of the 21st century, along with other conditions, has become one of the biggest causes of depression and other mental conditions.
As we have already discussed, healthcare experts recommend modern medicine such as Cymbalta to treat depression and other serious conditions.
Cymbalta is one of the most popular medicines to treat depression and nerve pain in diabetic patients, but it also has a long list of side effects, which may include an increase in suicidal thoughts.
That is why it has become highly important for patients to learn about all of its aspects, including how long it takes for Cymbalta to work. You can not keep consuming the medicine without any results. So, let’s take a look at the effectiveness and timeline of the medicine.
Also Read: How Long Does Cymbalta Stay in Your System?
Table of Contents
How Long Does it Take for Cymbalta to Work?
Cymbalta Is primarily used to treat depression and anxiety. Your healthcare expert might also use the medicine to treat nerve pain in diabetic patients.
Cymbalta takes 6 to 8 weeks to deliver visible results. However, you might experience a bit of improvement in symptoms like sleep, energy, and appetite after using it for one to 2 weeks.
The time frame of the effects of Cymbalta could be different in different patients. Several factors may influence the timeline, including the severity of symptoms and the Dosage of the medicine.
Factors that May Influence the Timeline of Cymbalta
As we have already discussed, several factors influence the timeline of Cymbalta. These factors are going to be different in different patients.
- The severity of the symptoms is going to be one of the biggest factors which may influence the timeline of Cymbalta. Patients with serious symptoms might take a little bit longer to experience any results from the medicine.
- Previous medical history of the patient with similar drugs might also cause trouble for the results to appear. If you have a history of similar diseases, you should not be in a hurry to see any kind of results.
- The dosage of the medicine is another major factor that may influence the whole timeline of the results. Cymbalta Has a long list of side effects, and healthcare experts take a safe approach to come up with a fixed dosage of the medicine.
- Age is another factor that may influence the timeline of results. Older adults usually take longer to experience any results from Cymbalta.
These are some of the most common factors which may influence the whole timeline of the results of Cymbalta.
For more information, We recommend everyone to consult with the healthcare provider as they understand your situation more than anyone else on the Internet.
Also Read: How Cymbalta Ruined My Life
Why does Cymbalta take a Longer Time to Deliver Results?
After reading all the above-given points and the timeline of the medicine, you might ask why Cymbalta takes much time to deliver the results.
Your question is logical. There are only a handful of medicines in the world that take around 6 weeks to deliver any visible results.
Cymbalta affects certain chemicals in the brain which are meant to regulate the mood and emotions of humans. As a result of those effects, the person gets better from anxiety and depression.
Despite its direct approach, those unbalanced chemicals take a little bit of time to get balanced and show any results.
The human brain is not as easy as you might think. Different aspects of mental health conditions mayet highly influenced by different factors. We have discussed all these factors in the above-given section.
You should remember that those factors may be different in different individuals, and the medicine may take longer than expected.
Apart from that, healthcare experts can not use the maximum dosage of the medicine for faster results as there are tons of different side effects of Cymbalta.
What are the Side Effects of Cymbalta?
Similar to every other medicine for mental health conditions, Cymbalta Also has a long list of side effects. Healthcare experts have divided the side effects of medicine into 2 different sections.
First, there are common side effects of Cymbalta, which might not require any medicine or medical assistance to recover.
These types of side effects are more common in patients who consume the medicine.
- Dry mouth
- Sexual dysfunction
- Blurred vision
- Increased blood pressure
- Abnormal dreams
- Muscle stiffness
- General weakness
- Rash or itching
- Fatigue and drowsiness
- Loss of appetite
- Increased sweating
- Weight changes
It is not the complete list of common side effects. Current medical conditions and previous medical history of the patient might also cause a long list of side effects which are not mentioned in the above-given list.
You might not require any medicine or medical assistance to recover from these side effects, but we still recommend everyone consult with their healthcare provider.
Also Read: Cymbalta Horror Stories
Serious Side Effects of Cymbalta
As we have already discussed, the healthcare experts have divided the side effects of the medicine into 2 different sections.
For some time, you can ignore the list of common side effects, but you cannot ignore any of the serious side effects of Cymbalta.
All these serious side effects CAN cause life-threatening conditions, and you should consult with your healthcare provider as early as you experience them.
- Liver damage or liver failure is one of the biggest side effects of Cymbalta. If you are experiencing any symptoms associated with liver failure, including less urination, jaundice, or abdominal pain, you should consult with your healthcare provider right away.
- Cymbalta Me also increases suicidal thoughts in certain individuals. The medicine is used to treat depression, but it may also cause an increase in suicidal thoughts.
- Serotonin syndrome is the long-term side effect of Cymbalta. If you are experiencing any of the symptoms associated with serotonin syndrome, you should let it know to your healthcare provider right away.
Apart from the above-given list, healthcare experts also believe withdrawal symptoms are probable and an increased risk of bleeding.
If you suddenly stop taking medicine or lower its doses without consulting with your healthcare provider, you might experience withdrawal symptoms.
Other than that, there is also a probability of allergic reactions in certain individuals. If you are allergic to any ingredients Used in the Cymbalta, you should not consume it under any circumstances.
Also Read: Cymbalta Side Effects in Men, Women & Others
How Long Does Cymbalta Stay in Your System?
Healthcare experts do not test Cymbalta in standard drug tests as it is not considered a controlled substance over an abusive drug.
Cymbalta Is a prescription medicine that is used to treat depression and several other conditions in certain individuals.
Some employers may ask their employees to take drug tests regularly Which may also include the consumption of Cymbalta. If you are among those, then you should be aware of how long Cymbalta stays in your system.
There are different tests to determine the presence of Cymbalta and other drugs in our bodies.
- A blood test is one of the most common drug tests suggested or recommended by different employers in the United States and other Western countries. A blood test may detect the presence of Cymbalta in the body for 2 to 5 days.
- The hair test is another common type of test that detects the presence of Cymbalta in the body for around 30 days. The hair test is one of the most sensitive tests, which is known to detect the presence for a longer period.
- The saliva test is also a recommended drug test in the United States. A saliva test may detect the presence of Cymbalta in the body for 2 to 3 days.
As you can see from the above list, different tests may detect the presence of the medicine for different periods.
Also Read: How Cymbalta Ruined My Marriage?
Even if you have to take an important drug test, you should not do it without consulting with your healthcare provider. Drugs like Cymbalta are known to have a long list of side effects, including withdrawal symptoms.
You should not stop consuming or lowering the dosage of a drug without consulting your healthcare provider. You may also present a document or prescription from your healthcare provider for Cymbalta.
Can Cymbalta cause weight gain?
Yes, Cymbalta may cause weight gain in certain individuals. It is also one of the most common side effects of the medicine. If you are experiencing any unexpected weight loss after consuming the medicine, you should consult with your healthcare provider and try to manage it with your diet and exercise.
3 thoughts on “How Long Does it Take For Cymbalta To Work?”