Cymbalta is an important medicine to treat depression and nerve pain in diabetic patients. It is among the handful of FDA-approved major depressive disorder medicines.
Unfortunately, Cymbalta also has a long list of side effects, which may even result in death and permanent disability. Cymbalta is also a popular medicine, and healthcare experts usually suggest it to patients with major depression.
That is why we are here to help you understand all the major side effects of Cymbalta. We will discuss every aspect, including the side effects of Cymbalta in men, women, and others.
Later, we will discuss its major common and long-term side effects. We will also discuss how you can manage and even prevent the side effects of Cymbalta. So, without wasting any more time, let’s start our Epic journey to Health and safety.
Also Read: How Cymbalta Ruined My Marriage?
Table of Contents
What are the Side Effects of Cymbalta on Women?
Similar to any other modern medicine to treat mental health conditions, Cymbalta has a long list of side effects. Some side effects may only appear in women due to their biology.
Changes in the Menstrual Cycle
Cymbalta May cause some changes in the menstrual cycle of women. Several female patients have reported after consuming the medicine that, they experiencing certain changes in their menstrual cycle.
- Missed periods
- Heavier bleeding
- Lighter bleeding
- Irregular periods
These are some of the most common symptoms women have reported after consuming the medicine. Other than that, Cymbalta may also cause sudden mood changes due to its impact on hormones.
If you are experiencing any of the above-given changes after consuming Cymbalta, you should let it know to your healthcare provider. Your healthcare provider might make some changes in the dosage.
Also Read: How Long Does Cymbalta Stay in Your System?
Breast tenderness is another women-specific side effect of Cymbalta. Many female patients have breast tenderness after consuming the medicine for 7 to 14 days. Cymbalta Is known to leave an impact on serotonin and Norepinephrine.
Usually, breast tenderness is not because of concern, but in some cases, it might become uncomfortable and painful. Healthcare experts recommend supportive bras or different over-the-counter pain relievers to get rid of breast tenderness from Cymbalta.
Kindly consult the pain reliever with your healthcare provider. You should not mix and match Cymbalta with any over-the-counter medicine.
Also Read: Cymbalta Horror Stories
Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
Cymbalta is not a safe medicine for pregnant or breastfeeding women. If you are pregnant or you are planning to get pregnant during your depression treatment, you should let it be known to your healthcare provider.
The Food and Drug Administration of the United States also does not recommend the medicine to breastfeeding or pregnant women. Cymbalta may cause damage or development issues to the fetus.
Sexual dysfunction is also very common in women after they start Cymbalta. Once you start consuming the medicine, you might experience lower libido, difficulty while achieving orgasm, or vaginal dryness.
As you are already aware, Cymbalta Is known to affect serotonin and Norepinephrine levels which May trigger a long list of side effects, including sexual dysfunction and women.
Other Side Effects
Apart from the above-given list of side effects in women, Cymbalta may also cause a long list of side effects which might be limited to women.
Urinary problems and hot flashes after consuming Cymbalta are also very common in women. Cymbalta May also increase the frequency of sweating, flushing, and rapid heartbeat.
Also Read: How Cymbalta Ruined My Life
Are There Any Side Effects of Cymbalta on Elderly Women?
Yes, there are several side effects of Cymbalta in elderly women. As compared to common side effects in women, Cymbalta has very limited effects on elderly women.
Other than the common side effects of Cymbalta, the medicine may cause some side effects in elderly women as well.
- Increased risk of fall
- Issues in balance and mobility
- Interaction with other drugs
- renal impairment
- Increased suicidal thoughts
These are the mixture of common and elderly women-specific side effects of Cymbalta. There is a long list of side effects of the medicine, and different aspects of the patient might trigger different symptoms.
If you are experiencing any of the above given or any other symptoms after consuming the medicine, we highly recommend you Consult with your healthcare provider.
What are the Side Effects of Cymbalta in Men?
Similar to specific side effects in women, Cymbalta may also cause certain side effects in men that are not common in women.
Mental health patients who are consuming any mental health medicine for the very first time day should be very careful as these side effects are also associated with several other medicines.
- Erectile dysfunction is a major side effect of Cymbalta in men. Several sexual conditions are common after consuming the medicine, and erectile dysfunction is one of them.
- A decrease in testosterone levels is also common after consuming Cymbalta. Low testosterone level is known to trigger different sexual conditions, including reptile dysfunction, low libido, and decreased muscle mass.
- Urinary problems are also a side effect of Cymbalta in men. If you are experiencing difficulty while urinating or urinary incontinence, you should let it be known to your healthcare promoter.
Other than the above-given list of men-specific side effects of Cymbalta, there could be several other side effects that might be limited to men only.
Also Read: How Long Does it Take For Cymbalta To Work
What are the Most Common Side Effects of Duloxetine?
The gender-specific side effects of Cymbalta are not As common as common side effects of Cymbalta (duloxetine). The below given common side effects of the medicine are more common as compared to gender-specific side effects.
Usually, people do not require much medical assistance or any medicine to recover from the common side effects, but you can let it be known to your healthcare provider.
Healthcare experts may suggest you twerk the dosage of the Medicine or take any over-the-counter medicine.
The common side effects of Duloxetine might Include the following:
- Dry mouth
- Sexual dysfunction
- Blurred vision
- Increased blood pressure
- Abnormal dreams
- Muscle stiffness or weakness
- Rash or itching
- Fatigue and drowsiness
- Loss of appetite
- Increased sweating
- Weight changes
Despite your gender coma, these side effects may appear once you start consuming the medicine. You should be very careful and note every symptom you experience.
Also Read: How Long Does it Take For Cymbalta To Work
What are the Long-Term Side Effects of Cymbalta?
Along with the list of common side effects, there are several serious and long-term side effects of Cymbalta. You must have been very careful if you are experiencing any of the below-given symptoms.
The long-term side effects of the medicine may also cause life-threatening conditions, and you should consult with your healthcare provider as early as possible.
- Increased risk of bleeding is one of the serious and long-term side effects of Cymbalta. Elderly patients are more vulnerable to developing an increased risk of bleeding, especially in the gastrointestinal tract.
- Cymbalta May also increase the risk of liver damage and liver failure. If you are experiencing any symptoms associated with liver damage, including jaundice, fatigue, abdominal pain, abdominal swelling, and loss of appetite, you should let it be known to your healthcare provider.
- Increased risk of suicidal thoughts is another serious and long-term side effect of Cymbalta. Kindly do not hide these symptoms from your healthcare provider, as they might cause life-threatening conditions.
The Serious side effects or long-term side effects of any medicine are life-threatening conditions. You should never ignore them under any circumstances and let them know your health care provider.
How to Manage the Side Effects of Cymbalta?
There are several ways you can manage the side effects of Cymbalta. You might not be able to prevent it in the first place, but you can always manage them using different techniques.
- First of all, you should consult every side effect with your healthcare provider. Health care experts usually suggest over-the-counter medicine that can help you recover from door side effects.
- You should not overdose or skip the medicine without consulting with your healthcare provider. Keep taking your medicine as Prescribed.
- You should also focus on consuming a balanced diet and hydration. Diet may also help you prevent and manage the side effects of the medicine.
- Along with diet, you should also focus on getting regular exercise and enough sleep. Sleeping at least 7 to 8 hours the night and lightweight exercises can help you reduce the intensity of side effects.
Along with Cymbalta, you should also try to manage your stress through different techniques. Healthcare experts recommend everyone manage anxiety and depression using therapies; it can also lower the side effects as well.
Can Cymbalta cause weight gain?
Yes, there is a small probability that Cymbalta might cause weight gain in certain individuals. Weight gain is more common with medicine in women Than men.